How long has it been since I’ve been out on a date with my husband? Well, let me think for a minute…too long! Our dates come few and far between depending on grandparents visiting or finding a reliable babysitter. Also, it seems those teenage babysitters are also taking into account inflation. At times we paid just as much for the babysitter for our three children as we did for our date! Our solution: “staying in” dates. With a little creativity and planning, you can create a new place for you and your loved one to be together, all in the comfort of your own home. Here are a few ideas to get you started and get those creative juices flowing.
- Candlelight Dinner after Bedtime—Cook a nice dinner together after the kids are in bed or send someone for takeout while the other sets the table and tucks in the kiddos. Break out the candles, nice dishes, and open up a bottle of wine or sparkling cider.
- S’mores under the Stars—Light a fire pit if you have one or just light a candle (that’s what we do), and make s’mores and hot cocoa. If you are feeling really adventurous lay out some blankets and enjoy the sweets with your sweetie while stargazing.
- Slumber Party with Popcorn and a Movie—Instead of just sitting on the couch. Make a bed in front of the television and cuddle on the floor while watching a movie. Crash there until morning just for a change of scenery.
- Cocktails at the Breakfast “Bar”— Clear away the toys and clutter and turn down the lights. Put on some heels, a special dress, perfume and lipstick. Meet your hubby at the martini “bar” and sip on some bubbly. Add some music in the background and relax.
- Olympic Game Night—My husband and I are both competitive so what better way to get it out of our systems than to challenge each other at several games. Play board games, Wii, card games or whatever would be fun! Make some quick and easy appetizers to share.
Hopefully these ideas will inspire you to enjoy date night “in” with your husband. Not only will you be reconnecting with your beloved you will save money to enjoy for that next date out!