I love sweet bread of any variety. When it is baked just right you can’t get much better. I love to make pumpkin bread and banana bread and I love to share that bread with friends. But I cannot tell you how many times I have made the bread in my clear, pyrex loaf pan and planned to take it to a friend, pulled it out of the oven, flipped it over and the bottom sticks to the pan! The whole loaf looks just awful! My family will still eat it, but I definitely cannot give it to other people.
I figured out what works, and it actually tastes better, too. Mini Loaves! I am talking 5.63″ L x 3.19″ W x 1.95″ D mini loaf aluminum pans that I purchase at Wal-Mart. I spray them with my olive oil no-stick cooking spray, sprinkle a little bit of flour in there and viola! The loaf slides right out and it is so moist!
I made a batch of pumpkin bread, wrapped the mini loaves in clear plastic wrap, put a bow on them and delivered them to several friends. The bread was moist, looked appetizing, and tasted so good.
My favorite Pumpkin Bread Recipe is:
|1 (15 oz.) can of pumpkin puree||4 eggs|
|1 cup vegetable oil (I use olive oil)||2/3 cup water|
|3 cups white sugar||3 ½ cups all-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons baking soda||1 ½ teaspoons salt|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon||1 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|½ teaspoon ground cloves||¼ teaspoon ground ginger|
|milk chocolate chips|
1. Mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and sugar in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture.
3. Pour into prepared mini loaf pans and top with lots of milk chocolate chips!
4. Bake for 45 minutes in a 325 degree oven.
adapted from allrecipes.com
My favorite Banana Bread Recipe came from my sweet grandma:
|1 cup white sugar||1 teaspoon baking powder|
|½ cup butter||2 cup flour|
|3 large ripe bananas (I throw in a 4th if I have one)||½ teaspoon salt|
|2 eggs||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|½ teaspoon baking soda|
1. Mix together the sugar, butter, and bananas.
2. Add the eggs, vanilla, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. Pour into prepared mini loaf pans and top with the crumb recipe below (if you like).
4. Bake for 45 minutes in a 300 degree oven.
My favorite Crumb Topping recipe:
|1 cup brown sugar||1 cup finely chopped walnuts|
|2 teaspoons cinnamon||1/3 cup flour|
|4 tablespoons butter, melted|
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Put 1 heaping spoon full on each loaf.
2. This makes enough for 4 x the bread recipe, so decrease or increase as needed.