I like dishes that I can sneak in some veggies, so dishes like this are perfect. I chop up the vegetables nice and small so that they just blend in with the sauce. Easy vegetables to add are bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, even diced carrots can add nutrition. Anything to get extra vegetables in the…me. Yes, ME. I am not a vegetable fan AT ALL. My kids in their short lives have already eaten more vegetables than I have in my much longer life. So although I’m the one cooking the meal and I know what I’ve put in there, as long as I don’t have to see it when the meal is finished I can pretend I’m not eating them.
Although beige vegetables aren’t bad…mashed potatoes, french fries, maybe carrots covered in Ranch dressing so they look beige…
Sort-of-Lasagna with Wheels. (I need to work on the name.)
|1 pound lean ground chuck or ground turkey||1/3 cup chopped onion|
|1 medium bell pepper||1 pound box wheel pasta|
|24 oz spaghetti sauce||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|3/4 teaspoon salt||1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon Italian seasoning||1/2 cup mozzarella cheese|
|1/3 cup sour cream (I use low fat)|
1. Prepare pasta according to box directions.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and green pepper and cook on medium heat until tender, about 6 minutes.
3. Add meat and cook until no longer pink.
4. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer on low while you wait for the pasta to cook.
5. Add cheese and sour cream to sauce, stir over low heat until melted.
6. Add pasta and toss to combine.
Have a wonderful week and cherish the time with your families!